Fundamental Policy for Information Security
At Makita, we always keep our customers in mind in our aim to improve home construction and living environments around the world as a comprehensive international supplier of tools. We are continuing our total commitment to becoming a global enterprise that contributes to the betterment of society.
Recognizing that the trust by customers is our ultimate priority, the Company pledges to establish and maintain the Information Security Policy to protect and manage vital information including that entrusted by customers and others as critical assets.
According to this philosophy, all employees and management members of the Company affirm to carry out its business operations while adhering to the following guidelines:
- The Company will comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of privacy information and Information Security;
- The Company will elect Information Security officers and organize the Information Security Committee;
- The Company will take comprehensive measures to prevent such Information Assets incidents as unauthorized access, loss, alteration, destruction, leakage and obstruction.
- The Company will provide all of its personnel with necessary education programs to raise awareness for the importance of protecting Information Assets in carrying out business operations;
- The Company will conduct periodic audits of the Information Security program and strive to achieve continuous improvement and administration;
- In the unlikely event of an Information Security incident, the Company will swiftly investigate and remedy the root cause to minimize the damage.